Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree688Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2014, 03:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I was hoping we'd get a pre-book for Candle for the Devil and Stripped to Kill so I could combine shipping with Sorority House Massacre... may have to browse around their site for something else to buy.
BAKA and VeZius like this.
Old 6th November 2014, 03:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I had no idea they were even releasing those. Not interested so much in Stripped To Kill, but Candle for the Devil is something I'd pick up on BD. If it's the film I'm thinking of anyway (It Happened At Nightmare Inn; which a quick google search seemed to suggest).
Old 6th November 2014, 04:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
I had no idea they were even releasing those. Not interested so much in Stripped To Kill, but Candle for the Devil is something I'd pick up on BD. If it's the film I'm thinking of anyway (It Happened At Nightmare Inn; which a quick google search seemed to suggest).
It is indeed.

They have the titles up on their Big Cartel site with a proposed release date of December. Unfortunately no international shipping though.
Old 6th November 2014, 07:29 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I was hoping we'd get a pre-book for Candle for the Devil and Stripped to Kill so I could combine shipping with Sorority House Massacre... may have to browse around their site for something else to buy.
I ordered Hardware (only $5.99!) and Nightmare with Sorority Massacre.

Thanks for the tip btw! Let's hope we get Candle for the Devil and Stripped to Kill soon...
Old 13th November 2014, 07:18 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Scorpion are apparently releasing Lenzi's Spasmo on Blu in 2015!

Also, they have announced some oop titles:

Quote:
These titles are going OOP, as my rights are expiring, or my new distributor wasn't interested in bringing them over due to poor sales and no point printing up more inventory for poor sellers, while some they printed so much, we are packed up with them, collecting dust. so please stock up now, as after today, they are officially discontinued. And once stock sells out, that's it. so please take note.
AMERICAN NIGHTMARE
ANGEL'S BRIGADE
ANNA TO THE INFINITE POWER
THE BABYSISTER
BEACH GIRLS Blu
BODY MELT
THE CARPENTER
CELIA
CHEERLEADER'S WILD WEEKEND
DARK SIDE OF GENIUS
DEVIL WITHIN HER
DOCTOR DEATH SEEKER OF SOULS
DOGPOUND SHUFFLE
DOUBLE EXPOSURE
THE DREAMING/THE INITIATION
ED AND HIS DEAD MOTHER
FLAVIA THE HERETIC (this made the disastrous sale of POM POM GIRLS Blu look like a gold certificate record)!
FOLLOW ME
GEORGIA GEORGIA
GIRL IN BLUE
GIRL ON THE ROAD
GOODBYE GEMINI
GREASER'S PALACE
HARLEQUIN Blu
THE HEARSE/BLOOD ON DRACULAS CASTLE
HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW Blu (as just like TOMBOY, the DVD will remain in print, as the DVD sold much, much better. For a supposedly popular slasher, the Blu sold barely 1,200 units. It’s amazing how many people requested that I upgrade this title as a Blu, and you can now see, there were less than 1,200 folks who actually wanted it going through retail route. And me only getting, if lucky, 1/4 of the retail price, this title would have been better served as a limited edition of 1,200 units via direct sales, which is why I will make all future genre Blu titles limited editions.)
IMPROPER CONDUCT
THE INCUBUS
INTERNECINE PROJECT
LA MY HOME
LAST GRENADE
LEGACY
MAFU CAGE
MALIBU HIGH/HUSTLER SQUAD
MY TUTOR Blu
NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT
OLD ENOUGH
POINT OF TERROR
POM POM GIRLS BLU
THE POWER (can't believe how horribly this sold! Less than a typical Crown Title! And I priced it low!)
QUEST FOR LOVE
RENTADICK
RUNNING HOT/HOT TARGET
SILVER DREAM RACER
SUPERSPOOK
TAINTED LOVE/SHADES OF GREY
THAT'S THE WAY OF THE WORLD Blu (could be the worst selling Blu in history, less than 200!)
TOMBOY Blu (DVD will still stay in print)
VOYAGER
WOMBLING FREE
ZOMBIE NIGHTMARE
Jinx_Barkman likes this.
Old 13th November 2014, 02:15 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Scorpion are apparently releasing Lenzi's Spasmo on Blu in 2015!

YES! That's a completely incomprehensible film (or is that just me?) but one I always come back to. Glad to see more gialli on bluray.
Jinx_Barkman likes this.
Old 17th November 2014, 11:22 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I gave my copy a spin last night and really enjoyed it. The transfer is great, particularly the colours, highlighting the striking cinematography and lighting. The Corman interview is succinct, but the other two fairly substantial. I would have been curious to hear from Corman if attaching a female director, as with Slumber Party Massacre, was a calculated move related to the rising accusations of the subgenre being misogynistic. It certainly felt savvy.

Kudos to Walter for the inclusive approach to his business model for international customers. Got my copy from Diabolik on Saturday and I really enjoyed it. My thoughts from LB if anyone is interested:

Quote:
With a plot that is literally Halloween in an alternate setting, Sorority House Massacre clearly was never looking to elevate the slasher subgenre. It’s littered with genre conventions and tropes; try taking a shot each time one pops up and you’ll surely be catatonic before the lean 74 minute running time elapses. From an escaped mental patient to a main character repressing a childhood trauma, they stuff them in. It’s typically very Corman, with the title and the poster being the most memorable assets. Tapping a female director to direct in a subgenre at the time increasingly considered misogynistic was a savvy move Corman pulled with Slumber Party Massacre, which he repeats here.

Despite low aspirations Sorority House Massacre is a lot of fun. The innuendo-suffused script will keep your eyes rolling, but it’s so inoffensive that you can’t help but warm to it. The characters are likeable, the setting and styling redolent of the period and utterly charming. The main character’s lucid dreams are a high point, particularly the creepy mannequin attended dinner table scene early in the film.
Old 20th February 2015, 08:04 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Scorpion have announced that their limited edition self-distributed titles will now be exclusively available through Screen Archives Entertainment (SAE).

A bit of a blow, as it means they will be no longer be available from the reliable, customs free Diabolik. Whilst I expect the price point to be the same, shipping will likely be more than what Diabolik charge but also now with the added issue of SAE not being customs friendly.

I guess I'm going to have to re-evaluate my priorities when deciding whether to buy Scorpion's limited discs... a shame as they are one of the main indie distributors worth supporting.
g053584398 and keirarts like this.
Old 20th February 2015, 08:25 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Scorpion have announced that their limited edition self-distributed titles will now be exclusively available through Screen Archives Entertainment (SAE).

A bit of a blow, as it means they will be no longer be available from the reliable, customs free Diabolik. Whilst I expect the price point to be the same, shipping will likely be more than what Diabolik charge but also now with the added issue of SAE not being customs friendly.

I guess I'm going to have to re-evaluate my priorities when deciding whether to buy Scorpion's limited discs... a shame as they are one of the main indie distributors worth supporting.

I have no idea where people get the idea that SAE aren't customs friendly. Sure, if you order about 5 or 6 discs, or choose an expensive shipping method, they put a higher value on the packaging, but even with 2 discs, they've always marked it as around $10. Never had a customs charge that way.
Old 20th February 2015, 08:49 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I have no idea where people get the idea that SAE aren't customs friendly. Sure, if you order about 5 or 6 discs, or choose an expensive shipping method, they put a higher value on the packaging, but even with 2 discs, they've always marked it as around $10. Never had a customs charge that way.
That's good to hear!

I was just going off of what I've read having not ordered anything from them before.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!