LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2024, 02:52 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I was thinking perhaps Withnail was a double disc but it?s not. Not even in a hard box with a booklet and postcards. It?s quite weird.

Having read-read the blurb it has a 60 page perfect bound booklet, so that booklet is costing 8 quid

Just saw it in HMV. Hardbox and booklet has bumped the price up to 30 for this.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 28th June 2024, 02:55 PM
Cult Don

NEW UK, US & CAN TITLE: The Chronicles of Riddick (2004) - Pre-order available from Arrow UK for Limited Edition 4K UHD - UK$25:00 or Limmited Edition Blu-Ray - UK$20:00

Release date: September 16

"Following the sleeper success of their breakthrough sci-fi/horror smash Pitch Black, writer-director David Twohy and star Vin Diesel reunited for 2004's action-packed The Chronicles of Riddick, an expansive and ambitious sequel that took their eponymous antihero to the farthest reaches of the galaxy.

Riddick (Diesel) is an intergalactic fugitive whose dark past catches up with him when he is lured out of hiding by Imam (Keith David, The Thing), another survivor of the planet of horrors they barely escaped from five years earlier. Now out of the shadows, Riddick is identified by an ethereal emissary (Academy Award winner Dame Judi Dench) as the descendant of an ancient race of warriors who may be the universe?s last hope against the Necromongers, an evil army of fanatics intent on bending the world to their will. As enemies close in on all sides, including the ruthless Lord Marshal (Colm Feore, Thor) and his scheming lieutenant Vaako (Karl Urban, The Boys), Riddick finds himself a reluctant saviour of the cosmos, with only his razor-sharp wits and cunning killer instinct standing in the way of total annihilation.

At long last, Twohy and Diesel's hard-hitting outer-space epic has been restored in glorious 4K, with hours of incisive bonus features exploring every detail of this densely-constructed and masterfully-executed mythology."

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restorations by Arrow Films of the Theatrical and Director's Cuts of the film, approved by David Twohy
  • Original DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio on both cuts, plus remixed Dolby Atmos for the Theatrical Cut
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
  • Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Dan Mumford
  • Illustrated collectors' booklet featuring new writing on the film by Walter Chaw, original production notes and the 'Chronicles Compendium', an overview of the characters and planets featured in the film

DISC ONE
  • High Definition presentation of the Theatrical Cut from the original negative
  • Ambition on Another Scale: Chronicling a Blockbuster Sequel, a brand-new feature-length documentary on the film, featuring interviews with interviews with writer-director David Twohy, actors Keith David and Linus Roache, storyboard artist Brian Murray, concept artist Matt Codd, miniature effects artist Ian Hunter and digital matte artist Dylan Cole
  • Realizing Riddick, a new interview with Twohy on the creation of the character
  • Back to Black, a new interview with Murray on his continuing work within the Riddick saga
  • Chronicles of a Cult Film Celebrity, a new interview with David on the role of Imam
  • Theatrical trailers

DISC TWO
  • High Definition presentation of the Director?s Cut
  • Archive audio commentary by David Twohy and Vin Diesel
  • Archive audio commentary by Twohy and co-stars Karl Urban and Alexa Davelos
  • Archive introduction by Twohy
  • Creation of New Mecca, an archive featurette focusing on the world and characters of Helion Prime
  • Riddick Rises, an archive featurette focusing on the prison planet of Crematoria
  • Keep What You Kill, an archive featurette focusing on the world of the Necromongers
  • Visual Effects Revealed, an archive featurette focusing on the VFX
  • Interactive Production Calendar, a series of short, candid videos filmed throughout shooting
  • Production Vignettes, a series of short behind-the-scenes segments
  • Three deleted scenes
  • Virtual Guide to the Chronicles of Riddick, a series of short animated segments explaining the world of the film
  • Toombs' Chase Log, a short film narrated by Nick Chinlund in character
  • A guided tour of the set by Vin Diesel, along with 360-degree panoramic views of eight sets from the film
  • On-set interviews with Twohy, Diesel, Dench, Urban, Colm Feore, Alexa Davelos, Thandie Newton and producer Scott Kroopf
  • Promotional interviews with Twohy, Diesel, Newton, Urban, Davelos and Feore
  • Easter egg

DISC THREE (LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE)
  • High Definition presentation of the Theatrical Cut in the alternate 1.78:1 aspect ratio
  • Escape from Butcher Bay, a compilation of cutscenes from the acclaimed tie-in video game
  • The Lowdown, a television special produced to promote the film?s original release

No interest at all in this one

And that's it for this month
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Chronicles Of Riddick.jpg (53.0 KB, 30 views)
Justin101 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th June 2024, 03:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Arrow, as with Eureka, are always happy to help me save money.
Old 28th June 2024, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
NEW UK TITLE: 'Love, Death & Apocalypse: Three Films by Alex de la Iglesia' - Pre-order available from Arrow UK for Limited Edition 4K UHD - UK$40:00 or Limited Edition Blu-Ray - UK?35:00

Release date: September 23

"Outrageous, absurdist, grotesque! Often hilarious, always stylish, and utterly unpredictable, the films of Spanish director ?lex de la Iglesia are an exhilarating shock to the cinematic system.

Produced by legendary provocateur Pedro Almodovar, de la Iglesia's debut feature Accion Mutante is a violent sci-fi black comedy set in a post-apocalyptic world where attractive people hold all the power and a terrorist group, who see themselves as mutants, take arms to rid the world of their superficial oppressors. With his second feature, The Day of the Beast (El dia de la bestia) de la Iglesia delivered one of the greatest horror comedies of all time as a Catholic priest joins forces with a heavy metal fan, and the host of a popular occult TV show to kill the Antichrist on Christmas Eve. A critical and commercial success around the world, The Day of the Beast paved the way for gonzo action-crime-horror Perdita Durango, (aka Dance with the Devil) a Spanish-US-Mexican co-production based on a novel by Barry Gifford (author of Wild at Heart). Starring Rosie Perez (Do the Right Thing), a then little known Javier Bardem (No Country for Old Men) and James Gandolfini (The Sopranos), Perdita Durango is a twisted tale of love, guns, drugs, voodoo ceremonies, and refrigerated foetuses...

Packed with a wealth of new and archival extras, Arrow Video welcomes you to the delirious, diabolical and demented world of Alex de la Iglesia. Not for the faint of heart!"

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • High Definition Blu-ray presentations of all three films
  • Original lossless Spanish stereo, 5.1 and Dolby Atmos audio options for Accion Mutante
  • Original lossless Spanish and English stereo 2.0, and Spanish 5.1 audio options for The Day of the Beast
  • Original lossless English stereo 2.0, and English and Spanish 5.1 audio options for Perdita Durango
  • Optional English subtitles for all three films
  • Double-sided fold-out posters for all three films
  • 9 postcard-sized reproduction art cards
  • Illustrated collector?s booklet featuring new writing by film critics Kat Ellinger, Xavier Aldana Reyes and Valeria Villegas Lindvall
  • Limited Edition Deluxe packaging with reversible sleeves featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Heather Vaughan

DISC ONE: ACCION MUTANTE
  • Brand new audio commentary by film scholars Xavier Aldana Reyes and Kat Ellinger
  • Archive audio commentary with director Alex de la Iglesia, writer Jorge Guerricaechevarr?a, producer Esther Garc?a, and production designers Jose Luis Arrizabalaga and Biaffra
  • Brand new appreciation of director Alex de la Iglesia by film scholar Jose Arroyo
  • Well-Done Baloney, an archive interview with director Alex de la Iglesia
  • Bad Blood Costumbrism, an archive interview with writer Jorge Guerricaechevarr?a
  • The F*cking Boss, an archive interview with actor Antonio Resines
  • Some Crazy Sh*t, an archive interview with production designers Jos? Luis Arrizabalaga and Biaffra
  • Litres of Blood... Wonderful!, an archive interview with special effects artist Ra?l Romanillos
  • Archive interview with director Alex de la Iglesia
  • Vintage "Making Of" featurette
  • Behind the scenes
  • Storyboards
  • Music video
  • Theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery

DISC TWO: THE DAY OF THE BEAST
  • Brand new audio commentary by film scholar Shelagh Rowan-Legg
  • Clean Up Madrid, a brand new visual essay by film scholar Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Heirs of the Beast, an archive feature-length documentary
  • Antichrist Superstar, an archive interview with director ?lex de la Iglesia
  • The Man Who Saved the World, an archive interview with actor Armando De Razza
  • Beauty and the Beast, an archive interview with actor Maria Grazia Cucinotta
  • Shooting the Beast, an archive interview with director of photography Flavio Mart?nez Labiano
  • Mirindas Asesinas, a 1990 short film by Alex de la Iglesia
  • Theatrical trailers
  • Image gallery

DISC THREE: PERDITA DURANGO
  • Brand new audio commentary by film critic Valeria Villegas Lindvall
  • On the Border, an archive interview with director ?lex de la Iglesia
  • Writing Perdita Durango, an archive interview with writer Barry Gifford
  • Dancing with the Devil, an archive appraisal by film scholar Dr Rebekah McKendry
  • Narcosatanicos: Perdita Durango and the Matamoros Cult, an archive interview with Abraham Castillo Flores and Cauldron of Blood author Jim Schutze
  • Canciones de Amor Maldito: The Music of Perdita Durango, an archive interview with composer Simon Boswell
  • Shooting Perdita Durango, an archive interview with director of photography Flavio Mart?nez Labiano
  • Theatrical trailers
  • Image gallery

This is one I am interested in... when it is a bit cheaper
Yes, something from Arrow that I actually want
Susan Foreman and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 28th June 2024, 04:45 PM
Cultist

Angry

yet again another torso release for the US by arrow but on 4K UHD and we here In the UK are stuck with the terrible release from crappy shameless. I'm getting really tired of arrow and their US only releases especially when it comes to the films that they cant release because shameless as them.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 28th June 2024, 04:50 PM
Cult Veteran

It's cheap for a 3 UHD 4k box set. I've only seen Day of the Beast but I'm interested in picking this one up too.
Susan Foreman likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th June 2024, 04:53 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter alex View Post
yet again another torso release for the US by arrow but on 4K UHD and we here In the UK are stuck with the terrible release from crappy shameless. I'm getting really tired of arrow and their US only releases especially when it comes to the films that they cant release because shameless as them.
So who are you mad at, Arrow for releasing it in America and anyone in the world can enjoy it by importing it, or are you mad at Shameless for blocking a better UK release. No point in being mad at Arrow for something out of their control. At the end of the day, Torso is only a mediocre film.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 28th June 2024, 04:56 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
It's cheap for a 3 UHD 4k box set. I've only seen Day of the Beast but I'm interested in picking this one up too.
'Accion Mutante' is well worth tracking down

I saw it at the cinema when it first came out and loved it. I then wrote a critique about it as part of one of my university dissertations... only to discover that one of my lecturers actually worked on the movie - she gave me a distinction for my piece !

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th June 2024, 05:03 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
So who are you mad at, Arrow for releasing it in America and anyone in the world can enjoy it by importing it, or are you mad at Shameless for blocking a better UK release. No point in being mad at Arrow for something out of their control. At the end of the day, Torso is only a mediocre film.
I really like Torso. It does what it says on the tin so to speak. Sometimes a giallo is better when they don't try and tie me in knots and just get on with the killing.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 28th June 2024, 05:24 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Yeah, sorry Justin, I'm in the Torso-fan camp too
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!