Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th October 2012, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I've not been to many record fairs but will say film fairs are a similar kettle of fish, with the added bonus of more hygienically challenged people and the occasional fan boy dressed in a Star Trek costume.
Rik likes this.
Old 19th October 2012, 01:26 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
It's a shame that they're a thing of the past now. I know that there are some that are still going but from what I've heard they're nothing like what they used to be and there's all manner of tat and dodgy copies being offered about in a blatant fashion.
The last one i went to was advertised as a film fair but when i got there was a comic fair with no films at all.

Never bothered since.

I used to enjoy the big events at the NEC in the earlyl 2000's. I gave up with those as it became cheaper to buy things off the net.

I did buy the NoShame Red Queen and Dark Waters ltd sets at the Memorabilia event at the NEC though. £18 each. For that i'm eternally chuffed.
Old 19th October 2012, 01:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
The last one i went to was advertised as a film fair but when i got there was a comic fair with no films at all.

Never bothered since.

I used to enjoy the big events at the NEC in the earlyl 2000's. I gave up with those as it became cheaper to buy things off the net.

I did buy the NoShame Red Queen and Dark Waters ltd sets at the Memorabilia event at the NEC though. £18 each. For that i'm eternally chuffed.
Same again, we went to the NEC for the record fairs and with it being the biggest of the year, we'd save up as much money as we could for a pair of 14 year olds with paper rounds!
Paul@TheOverlook likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th October 2012, 01:29 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:

Never bothered since.

I think the last fair I went to was one in Westminster Central Hall in 2002 - I'd still not jumped into buying online then and it was a good six months or so before I started using eBay. I remember I picked up DVDs of TWO EVIL EYES and PHENOMENA, the former French, the latter German - they'd not been released anywhere else at that time
Old 19th October 2012, 01:38 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think the last fair I went to was one in Westminster Central Hall in 2002 - I'd still not jumped into buying online then and it was a good six months or so before I started using eBay. I remember I picked up DVDs of TWO EVIL EYES and PHENOMENA, the former French, the latter German - they'd not been released anywhere else at that time
Happy times.

This has been said a million times before i know, but it was so much more fun finding something like that, rather than just ordering it online and have it drop through the letterbox a week or so later.
Paul@TheOverlook and Rik like this.
Old 19th October 2012, 01:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

This may sound a bit twee or even pathetic now but I used to find it hard going off to sleep the night before a film fair because my mind was in overdrive thinking about what I might find!
Old 19th October 2012, 01:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Happy times.

This has been said a million times before i know, but it was so much more fun finding something like that, rather than just ordering it online and have it drop through the letterbox a week or so later.
True dat, as the young 'uns say
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 19th October 2012, 02:46 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
This may sound a bit twee or even pathetic now but I used to find it hard going off to sleep the night before a film fair because my mind was in overdrive thinking about what I might find!
It wasn't just you.

The anticipation levels were so high sleep seemed virtually impossible. If it was an event a couple of hours away i used to end up minute counting knowing i would have to be up in 4,3,2 hours to be there for opening time. aarrggh!.

If i wasn't driving i could hit the bottle to get some sleep so that was ok.
Old 19th October 2012, 03:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ha - Glad I'm not the only one. If I were to tell the wife about this I'd never live it down!
Old 19th October 2012, 03:25 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Ha - Glad I'm not the only one. If I were to tell the wife about this I'd never live it down!
I'm enjoying this thread, its bringing back many happy memories. Nice one Paul.

Like this? Share it using the links below!