Like Tree1321Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd April 2024, 12:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I have the same release and, although I think the film looks the same as the DVD, I prefer the 28 Days Later Blu-ray because of the DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

I haven't upgraded The Blair Witch Project from DVD and never will.
The soundtrack to Blair Witch is better being a two channel DTS output. Gives more clarity to the sounds in the woods.
Old 22nd April 2024, 04:54 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The soundtrack to Blair Witch is better being a two channel DTS output. Gives more clarity to the sounds in the woods.
I thought that as well because that's how I thought the sound would be recorded using that equipment. Then I figured they'd be using boom/extension microphones capable of recording more than stereo sound and that's where the extra clarity of HD sound emphasises the crackling twigs and other atmospherics.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 24th April 2024, 10:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I think The Borderlands is an excellent film, but c'mon thirty quid for a found footage film shot on a cam corder. Really?
I have to hand it to Second Sight, The Borderlands is one of their best looking packages aesthetically speaking. I really like the artwork used. I've not even seen the film but the power of marketing has me trying to justify a purchase. I hadn't taken much notice of it til now but it's seems fairly well regarded.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 17th May 2024, 04:08 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default July 22nd

A Bittersweet Life: Limited Edition

A loyal gangster falls foul of his gang when he?s assigned to keep watch over the young mistress of his crime boss. Things take a violent and bloody turn when he is unable to carry through on an order to dispatch the girlfriend and her new lover.

Special Features
Dual format edition including both UHD and Blu-ray with main feature and bonus features on both discs
UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
New scene specific audio commentary with Director Kim Jee-woon and film academic Areum Jeong
New audio commentary by Pierce Conran and James Marsh
Audio commentary with Director Kim Jee-woon and Actors Kim Young-chul and Lee Byung-hun
Audio commentary with Director Kim Jee-woon, Director of Photography Kim Ji-y and Set Designer Yoo Seong-hee
Making of A Bittersweet Life with optional commentaries
Archive A Bittersweet Life in Cannes
Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional commentary
Music Videos
Teaser, Trailer and TV Spot

Limited Edition Contents
Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Michael Bolland
120-page book with new essays by Dr Lindsay Hallam, Rich Johnson, Michael Leader, Daniel Martin and Alison Peirse
6 collectors' art cards
STANDARD EDITIONS ASLO AVAILABLE

Pleased about this. It's my favourite Korean film.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed (Large).jpg (57.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 17th May 2024, 06:54 PM
Cultist

its a shame they don't mention what version it is cause they are two versions of the film the original and the directors cut.
Old 3rd June 2024, 03:54 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Sacrament' (2013) - Pre-Order available from Second Sight films direct for Limited Edition Blu-Ray - UK$29:99 and Standard Blu-Ray - UK$17.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum' (2018) - Pre-Order available from Second Sight films direct for Limited Edition Blu-Ray - UK$29:99 and Standard Blu-Ray - UK$17.99
"Due to certain print elements not being of the high standard we expect we have had to reprint. Unfortunately this will mean delaying our June releases by one week to June 24th.

Many apologies for this inconvenience."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 3rd June 2024, 06:34 PM
Cult Addict

35% off Second Sight releases at HMV.
https://hmv.com/store/film-tv/second-sight-label
g053584398 likes this.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 3rd June 2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old 19th June 2024, 07:58 PM
Cult Addict

Seems a few Second Sight releases are quietly drifting OOP. I was hoping to pick up a copy of The Ninth Configuration today from HMV as last week they had three on the shelf included in the promotion. Today all gone and when they guy checked for me the film isn't even available on their system. As it was they had Amicus, The House That Dripped Blood which I've noticed is also not available now so I grabbed the single copy on the shelf. Thinking of going back to grab Asylum tomorrow as that also no longer appears on Second Sights own store.
Anyway long story short it may be worth checking HMV shelves before some titles disappear.

Old 19th June 2024, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Seems a few Second Sight releases are quietly drifting OOP. I was hoping to pick up a copy of The Ninth Configuration today from HMV as last week they had three on the shelf included in the promotion. Today all gone and when they guy checked for me the film isn't even available on their system. As it was they had Amicus, The House That Dripped Blood which I've noticed is also not available now so I grabbed the single copy on the shelf. Thinking of going back to grab Asylum tomorrow as that also no longer appears on Second Sights own store.
Anyway long story short it may be worth checking HMV shelves before some titles disappear.
You should definitely go and grab Asylum. A good film and unless some other company have now got those Amicus releases it's probably the last we'll see of them.
Old 19th June 2024, 11:23 PM
Cult Addict

Asylum is indeed a great film. Sadly Second Sight seem to be one of those labels that just let titles wander oop without any warning at all.

Like this? Share it using the links below!