Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree28970Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th June 2024, 09:18 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Did anyone else think the idea of the story was pretty much Curse of Fenric only this time he didn't see it coming? Agreed it's the best story and well done for them having tricked everyone but still feel like they looked and Fenric and redesigned it.

You know this doctor isn't really good at being a bad ass compared to the others.
I watched Pyramids of Mars last night and Gatwa isn't in the same league as Tom Baker.

Him and Whitaker are in a little league of their own battling it out for the rank of worst Doctor. And to be honest i'm not sure who'd win (or lose) that one.

I don't see the Doctor when i see him perform. To begin with i thought he's pretty good following The Giggle but increasingly he's seeming less so. Although yesterdays was his best performance to date.

Of course it would help if three quarters of Davies scripts weren't garbage.
Old 16th June 2024, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
Did anyone else think the idea of the story was pretty much Curse of Fenric only this time he didn't see it coming? Agreed it's the best story and well done for them having tricked everyone but still feel like they looked and Fenric and redesigned it.

You know this doctor isn't really good at being a bad ass compared to the others.
I haven't watched any of this series, I saw half of first one thought it was terrible and turned it off, haven't read or head much good about it so put me off watching it.
iank likes this.
Old 16th June 2024, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

2.02 million. Lowest ever (keep saying that) and for the first part of a finale.
Ouch.
Old 16th June 2024, 09:46 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
2.02 million. Lowest ever (keep saying that) and for the first part of a finale.
But that is only representative of people who watched the BBC One live television broadcast without taking into account those who watched it on the BBC iPlayer between it's midnight release and it's 7pm screening

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 16th June 2024, 09:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
But that is only representative of people who watched the BBC One live television broadcast without taking into account those who watched it on the BBC iPlayer between it's midnight release and it's 7pm screening
Which going off past episodes has been somewhere between 150-200K
iank likes this.
Old 16th June 2024, 10:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, it's a flop even with fiddled figures.
Old 16th June 2024, 10:10 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Which going off past episodes has been somewhere between 150-200K
That I cannot comment on, but again... those figures would only consist of UK viewers and not those who watched it in the US (which would presumably be a hell of a lot more now the programme has been picked up by the Disney corporation)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 17th June 2024, 12:34 AM
Active Cultist

Well the problem is disney and other streamers have never been honest about viewing numbers, very creative (ie netflix used to based number of viewers on how many watched the first 3 mins of a film/show)

The dumb space babies episode broke into disneys top 10 in every country. Although we know it hasn't made it into top 10 for all streamers (then again it doesn't cost half as much as the bigger shows).

Rtd has spoken about this he admits initial viewing numbers are "disappointing" his says month long numbers are more then double opening week. If that's true then what this means is the excitement and urgency to see an episode before hearing spoilers is not here at all.

Rtd also claims that the viewership numbers are great for younger age people (which he claims was his target audience which does explain alot) and for doctors future. If that's true then merchandise will save it.

But I'm just not convinced. This just feels like too much deja vu of what happened last time it got cancelled (except those last 2 seasons picked up and again Fenric one of the 10 best stories).

I still think next season will be last. Yeah it's one of bbc's biggest exports but so's Father Brown and that's a hell of a lot cheaper to make!
Old 17th June 2024, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Lowest overnights of 61 years of Doctor Who.

1. The Legend of Ruby Sunday 2.02m
2. Boom 2.04m
3. Rogue 2.11m
4. Dot and Bubble 2.12m
5. Legend of the Sea Devils 2.20m
6. The Devil's Chord 2.40m
7. Space Babies 2.60m
8. 73 Yards 2.62m
9. The Eaters of Light 2.89m
10. The Lie of the Land 3.01m

11. Battlefield Pt 1 3.10m

At least McCoy is grateful RTD came back!
Old 17th June 2024, 04:16 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Image of the Day # 1883

The lovely cover artwork of the latest Doctor Who Magazine special edition about the complete novels range. This came out last Thursday and comes with a free audio book in a proper cd case. It's priced at ?11.99 so a bit of a bargain if you fancy an audio cd.

I've seen people say they have got cd's of Underworld, Frontios, The Ark in Space, Curse of Fenric, Enlightenment and so on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Print-the-Legend-01.jpg (111.2 KB, 19 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!