Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Who's your favourite Doctor?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Who's your favourite Doctor?

Like Tree29429Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th November 2016, 07:01 PM
Cult Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
probably need the lives of a timelord to watch all them, also going to include new who as well or i might save that for after classic
Should only take you 50 years to watch them all, from 'An Unearthly Child' part 1 to 'The Day Of The Doctor'!
trebor8273 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 6th November 2016, 08:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Or do what I'm planning to do next time, which is whole seasons, but in random order (i.e season 1 followed by season 7, 12 etc).
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 6th November 2016, 09:38 PM
Cult Acolyte

https://www.list.co.uk/article/86030...me-animations/

"More lost 'Doctor Who' adventures could be turned into animations if 'The Power of the Daleks' serial - animated by Charles Norton and produced by Paul Hembury for BBC Worldwide - is a success

More lost episodes of 'Doctor Who' could become animated adventures if new project 'The Power of the Daleks' is a success.

Patrick Troughton's first appearance as the Second Doctor when he took over from William Hartnell came in the 1966 storyline but the historic episodes were wiped by the BBC in the 70s before a proper archive was established.

Now, animator-and-director Charles Norton along with Paul Hembury, Executive Producer for BBC Worldwide, have brought the story back to life as six animated instalments from audio recordings, photos and scripts and if it is well received then there is no reason why another of the 26 incomplete serials can't be resurrected in the new format.

Speaking to BANG Showbiz at a screening of the first two episodes of 'The Power of the Daleks' reconstruction, Paul said: "This was an experiment to take such an important story and do this. We need to do see what the fans think, and how well received this is. We know there are lots and lots of missing stories and the soundtracks are in existence for all of them, so there clearly is more that can be done, and lots and lots has been learned from this one."

Paul was joined at the event by actress Anneke Wills - who played 60s companion Polly in a number of stories, including 'The Power of the Daleks' - and she knows exactly what missing episodes she wants to see remade.

She said: "For me, personally, it would be 'The Smugglers', because that was my favourite. 'The Crusade' would another one and 'Fury from the Deep', we've got to see that one!"

But Charles cautionary added that some of the missing episodes are a lot more difficult to turn into animations than others.

He explained: "There are certain stories that are perhaps more doable than others. 'The Crusade' is an interesting one, because it's one we're missing two episodes from. So you look at it and think, 'Two episodes? 45 minutes? We've just done two and a half hours - 45 minutes would be easy!' Then you actually look at 'The Crusade', as I did a few days ago, and you realise that there are 24 speaking characters and they all have multiple changes of clothes. There's lots of different costumes and sets. But I'm not saying it's impossible. Nothing's impossible.""
Old 7th November 2016, 12:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Rewatched the Beneath the Surface set, and Claws Of Axos.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th November 2016, 12:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Rewatched the Beneath the Surface set, and Claws Of Axos.
There should have been another way...
Old 7th November 2016, 12:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
There should have been another way...
??

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th November 2016, 01:59 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
??
Warriors of the Deep. Quote from the Doctor after the Silurians and Sea Devils are all gassed.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 7th November 2016, 02:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Warriors of the Deep. Quote from the Doctor after the Silurians and Sea Devils are all gassed.
Aha, I possibly should have mentioned that I watched 2/3rds of the set, was going to watch WOTD, but then decided against it. C'est la vie!

[B]
Old 8th November 2016, 06:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

went for random seasons so have decided to start with season 15
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 8th November 2016, 06:39 PM
Cult Acolyte

Claws Of Axos is brilliant

Like this? Share it using the links below!