Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Best baddie?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Best baddie?

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd May 2015, 08:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Me too, saw the trailer this afternoon in front of Avengers: Age of Ultron, prompting my 11 year old son to say he wants to watch it, but seeing as it's a 15 it won't be at the cinema (even though he could pass for 15!), so I'll check it out and see if I think it's ok for him to watch
dis likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 3rd May 2015, 08:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Yes, there is a trailer for the remake - I saw it at the cinema because it was on before Fast 7. It looks good and I haven't seen the original Mad Max trilogy.
Bringer you neeeeeeeeeeeeed to watch the original films mate, i'm sure you will love them!

I managed to get tickets for the original mad max and mad max 2 at our local showcase cinema, in advance. If anyone is interested in seeing the original films on the big screen you can check your local cinemas, some towns are even doing the three original films! before the new film hits the cinema.

I can't wait, i might even be able to get the other half to go and see the new one too!
Old 4th May 2015, 12:05 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipp View Post
Bringer you neeeeeeeeeeeeed to watch the original films mate, i'm sure you will love them!

I managed to get tickets for the original mad max and mad max 2 at our local showcase cinema, in advance. If anyone is interested in seeing the original films on the big screen you can check your local cinemas, some towns are even doing the three original films! before the new film hits the cinema.

I can't wait, i might even be able to get the other half to go and see the new one too!
Cardiff had a rooftop cinema showing this Friday but I decided not to go. Call me a blasphemer but I have never rated the original trilogy that highly. No doubt good films, but I don't see them as the masterpieces so many seem to do.
Old 4th May 2015, 12:15 AM
Cult Master

I would not call Mad Max masterpieces but the first two are dam fine films beyond thunderdome is good but the kids ruin it for me I find them too annoying.
Vipp likes this.
Old 4th May 2015, 03:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Cardiff had a rooftop cinema showing this Friday but I decided not to go. Call me a blasphemer but I have never rated the original trilogy that highly. No doubt good films, but I don't see them as the masterpieces so many seem to do.
I agree with Nord mate, i wouldn't have ever thought of the films as masterpeices, i tend to see them as alternative and fun but i wouldn't go out of my way to watch them, our cinema basically let me and the otherhalf see the films for £7 between us and we live five mins away so it's a bonus for us i guess.
Buboven likes this.
Old 4th May 2015, 05:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Whaaaaaaaaat? Mad Max 2 is regarded as one of the best action films ever made. A masterpiece in my book.
Old 4th May 2015, 05:49 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Whaaaaaaaaat? Mad Max 2 is regarded as one of the best action films ever made. A masterpiece in my book.
Totally agree, amazing film.
Old 4th May 2015, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, first 2 are great films, Thunderdome is just OK in my opinion
J Harker likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th May 2015, 08:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yeah, first 2 are great films, Thunderdome is just OK in my opinion
See i think Thunderdome is a great film if you cut out the part of the VHS tape that has the kid tribe in it. Who Run Barta Town? I think they are good films but if i had to show an alien race an example of good film making i doubt the Madmax films would make my list is all im saying.
Old 4th May 2015, 08:41 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default THE MAD MAX Thread

As I said last week on Facebook, Thunderdome is essentially the Return Of The Jedi of the trilogy. A fairly good (children's) film, but pales in comparison to the harder edge of Mad Max & Mad Max 2.

Like this? Share it using the links below!