Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2013, 09:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I thought it was terrible for a season finale. The fourth episode of the season would have served as a much better finale.

The development of the governor was completely botched. They had 16 episodes that, in reality, built to very little. If season 4 doesn't wow me by the mid season finale then I will be calling it quits on this show.
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Well I really enjoyed it, I do think the very end was a bit of a ...why? moment. But that's Rick being Rick he couldn't have left them all there. I think it should have ended at Andrea though.

I can't see where it's going to go from here now though, I presume it's veered from the comic quite a bit?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 6th April 2013, 12:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The assault on the prison was very different to the comics, so I'm wondering if they'll save it for the start of season 4 although it would've made a cracking end to this season

Is it October yet?
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 9th April 2013, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 10th April 2013, 06:59 PM
Cult Rookie

Had this been a normal average TV show then the season finale would have been fantastic. But this programme is constantly well above average so it had a lot to live up to. Personally I thought it delivered Michonne got to break down, the Governor finally went fruit loop and the raid on the prison was realistic rather than action packed.

I'm really finding it hard to think of a better US TV show at the moment (although Dexter is bloody close)
Old 10th April 2013, 06:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Old 10th April 2013, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtemple90 View Post
Had this been a normal average TV show then the season finale would have been fantastic. But this programme is constantly well above average so it had a lot to live up to. Personally I thought it delivered Michonne got to break down, the Governor finally went fruit loop and the raid on the prison was realistic rather than action packed.

I'm really finding it hard to think of a better US TV show at the moment (although Dexter is bloody close)
Yeah, I think I was expecting more from the finale because of how the prison assault was staged in the comics, still the best thing on TV, for me anyway
Old 10th April 2013, 07:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

This is quite interesting, conspiracy theories behind the season 3 opening credits.
WARNING: DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO DATE WITH THE SHOW AS IT CONTAINS SEASON 3 SPOILERS AND I WOULDN'T WANT TO RUIN IT FOR YOU!!!!

The Walking Dead: Hidden Messages In Opening Credits | Walking Dead Pictures
Old 11th April 2013, 02:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I just thought the writing was sub par. The bottom line is this show really misses Darabont.

I think the budget cuts have hurt this show tremendously. Game Of Thrones is in a different league in terms of character development, story arcs and acting. I wonder what would have happened had HBO picked up TWD instead of the notoriously greedy AMC?
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 21st July 2013, 05:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Like this? Share it using the links below!