Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree428Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th October 2016, 09:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I don't think it's the kids who are complaining it's too gory, it's the "Soccer Moms" with their "Can I see the manager?" haircuts who have probably seen a clip while changing channels, or more likely not even seen the clip but heard the buzz about it the following day and thought that they'd stick their oar in.

At the end of the day, it's on a paid for Cable Channel, it's on after 9pm and it has the highest TV rating available TV-MA, aside from not airing it anymore, which is not going to happen, there is pretty much nothing to be done. Plus Game of Thrones is much gorier and unrepentant every single episode. Remember the eye gouging scene and the baby killing ???

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th October 2016, 10:03 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I agree, Game of Thrones is far worse, I binge watched all 6 seasons over a span of a couple of weeks and the amount of WTF moments had me wondering why nobody complains about that show, yet TWD is having people say it's too violent/gory and they aren't gonna watch anymore!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th October 2016, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Seriously people need to get a grip, its a horror zombie tv shows, what do people expect,
It aint Blue peter or Jackanory

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...22805000-_-the Sun Paid Boost-_-5810b6dae4b0a2e674953e1d-_-Boost-_-The Sun-_-Tv & Showbiz
Old 27th October 2016, 08:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
And these people complaining think that they should be dictating what is shown on tv because they pay for cable subscriptions, etc. And that changing the channel when there's something on they don't like, doesn't cut it. It all has a whiff of Mary Whitehouse. And it stinks.
Mary Shitehouse.
She always stank.
The auld bag!
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 3rd November 2016, 11:10 AM
Cult Veteran

I don't know how I feel about this week's episode - even for a show that's about zombies it seemed a little too fantastical... And even though it's a Carol episode which I usually love I felt a bit 'meh' about the whole thing by the end
trebor8273 likes this.

Old 3rd November 2016, 02:02 PM
Cult Acolyte

I know what you mean. The whole Kingdom concept and the tiger seem a bit too comic book at the moment.
Justin101 and trebor8273 like this.
Old 3rd November 2016, 06:13 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post
I know what you mean. The whole Kingdom concept and the tiger seem a bit too comic book at the moment.
This is exactly it, If I was reading the comic (i'm only up to like issue 90 so far...) I'd be totally buying this storyline but it just seems so wrong in the TV show.
Dave Boy likes this.

Old 3rd November 2016, 06:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I'm the opposite, because I'm caught up with the comics (160 came out yesterday), I loved this episode! The only difference between TV Ezekiel and comic Ezekiel is the lack of nose piercing, as for Shiva...:woohoo:
nosferatu42 likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th January 2017, 10:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

FFs dont you just hate people who bitch whine about tv shows and end up ruining it for others, if a fan of the show should know by now its got blood and gore in it and odd occasional time strong for tv standards, and if not seen it before then why watch it now whats the point, either way rest of the series has been tonned down because of cry babies.
So you saw some disturbing scene get over it and move on. Im dam pretty sure they probably seen more disturbing things on the internet.
Walking Dead Toned Down the Violence Following Premiere Backlash
Old 19th January 2017, 06:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
FFs dont you just hate people who bitch whine about tv shows and end up ruining it for others, if a fan of the show should know by now its got blood and gore in it and odd occasional time strong for tv standards, and if not seen it before then why watch it now whats the point, either way rest of the series has been tonned down because of cry babies.
So you saw some disturbing scene get over it and move on. Im dam pretty sure they probably seen more disturbing things on the internet.
Walking Dead Toned Down the Violence Following Premiere Backlash
They probably haven't seen the show and are the usual sad sacks looking for attention or imposing there "moral" views on other's.

Like this? Share it using the links below!