Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13926Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th November 2016, 09:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Pretty Little Liars Season 4. As "A"'s terror campaign becomes more extreme and dangerous than ever, and the body count in this town keeps rising (now including two police officers) two "Special Investigators" have arrived, wanting to know "what it is about those four pretty girls that keeps attracting so many corpses"!
Old 29th November 2016, 09:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Bbc Rillington place.
Found it a tadge slow dull and boring.
And was based more on his failing marriage.
Old 30th November 2016, 07:05 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: Find the Lady. DS John Boulton and DS Claire Stanton are pursuing a terrified runaway witness who holds the key to bringing down a crime boss - though only Claire is aware that the case could also bring down one DS Don Beech. When Boulton gets the witness into a hidden location only he knows, said crime boss decides the answer is to torture and then kill him for that information, but that's a line even Beech isn't willing to cross. As the walls start closing in, Beech takes a desperate gamble to confess all to Boulton and try to get him to cross the line to help them both - with catastrophic consequences. This stunning and tragic episode sees the avalanche well and truly starting to fall, and the death of John Boulton is just laden with dramatic irony, from Claire being unable to quite trust her lover enough to tell him the truth about herself and Beech, that John is himself becoming suspicious of Claire for the wrong reasons and inadvertently tips Beech off that there's more to her than meets the eye, and finally that Don ends up killing the man he was willing to compromise his secrets to try to save. It's heartbreaking stuff.
Old 30th November 2016, 06:00 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'm not sure what to think about the first season of American Horror Story.

Basically a 12 episode haunted house story. Whilst i enjoyed it, the fact that the ghosts were always knocking about and in human form sort of spoiled it. I mean Kate Mara as a ghost - yeah right! The series had one or two nifty revelations that took me by surprise but on the whole i found it all a bit of a disappointment. I thought it might be nastier to be honest. This first series called Murder House had real potential but failed to fulfill it.

I've also got series 2 entitled Asylum. If this is no better i won't be bothering with anymore.

It did answer any questions about B_E's whereabouts these last few days as you can see from the artwork below.

Old 30th November 2016, 06:55 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Murder House was the best of the first five (I will watch the last episode in Hotel tonight) but do like the way they are all interlinked and, to some degree, have a scene or two which means they all take place in the same American Horror Story 'universe'. I don't know if I'll bother with the sixth series as I will be concentrating on watching more seasons of House MD and Arrested Development.

I started watching the second season of Musketeers yesterday and should receive the second and third discs from Lovefilm tomorrow. I really enjoyed the first three episodes and, though it is a shame Jeremy Irons is not in it and Cardinal Richelieu was killed off, was pleased it hadn't dropped in quality from the first season.
Old 30th November 2016, 06:57 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Murder House was the best of the first five (I will watch the last episode in Hotel tonight) but do like the way they are all interlinked and, to some degree, have a scene or two which means they all take place in the same American Horror Story 'universe'. I don't know if I'll bother with the sixth series as I will be concentrating on watching more seasons of House MD and Arrested Development.

I started watching the second season of Musketeers yesterday and should receive the second and third discs from Lovefilm tomorrow. I really enjoyed the first three episodes and, though it is a shame Jeremy Irons is not in it and Cardinal Richelieu was killed off, was pleased it hadn't dropped in quality from the first season.
Glad you are enjoying The Musketeers, Nos. If you don't mind me asking what has Jeremy Irons got to do with it?
Old 30th November 2016, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Basically a 12 episode haunted house story. Whilst i enjoyed it, the fact that the ghosts were always knocking about and in human form sort of spoiled it. I mean Kate Mara as a ghost - yeah right! The series had one or two nifty revelations that took me by surprise but on the whole i found it all a bit of a disappointment. I thought it might be nastier to be honest. This first series called Murder House had real potential but failed to fulfill it.

I've also got series 2 entitled Asylum. If this is no better i won't be bothering with anymore.

It did answer any questions about B_E's whereabouts these last few days as you can see from the artwork below.

If you didn't enjoy this I would not bother with the rest as this was probably the best along with the one about the hotel
Old 30th November 2016, 07:01 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Glad you are enjoying The Musketeers, Nos. If you don't mind me asking what has Jeremy Irons got to do with it?
Absolutely nothing! I was thinking about Peter Capaldi playing Cardinal Richelieu and, for reasons unknown, Jeremy Irons' name popped into my head.
Old 30th November 2016, 07:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Absolutely nothing! I was thinking about Peter Capaldi playing Cardinal Richelieu and, four reasons unknown, Jeremy Irons' name popped into my head.
Despite Capaldi being unavailable due to being cast as Doctor Who and Cardinal Richelieu being killed off to explain his disappearance, Marc Warren's Comte de Rochefort looks like he could be a good foil for the titular foursome.
Old 30th November 2016, 07:13 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Absolutely nothing! I was thinking about Peter Capaldi playing Cardinal Richelieu and, further reasons unknown, Jeremy Irons' name popped into my head.
I wondered if that was the case.

If you didn't know Capaldi was supposed to return but got himself another role so was killed off. However Marc Warren makes a great villain as does Rupert Everett in series 3.

Like this? Share it using the links below!