Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13926Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th December 2016, 06:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ash vs Evil dead season 2 episode 9.

Another great episode, really should of named this episode back to the evil dead.
Old 4th December 2016, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

More anime. 9.2/10

Old 4th December 2016, 10:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Planet Earth II has been a joy to watch. With just one episode 'Cities' to go i'm surprised there hasn't been an episode about the sea this time.

Christmas special perhaps?
Old 5th December 2016, 07:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: On the Hook (Parts 1 & 2). DCI Meadows struggles to save his career in the wake of the Don Beech corruption scandal, as a new broom arrives at Sun Hill led by the new Chief Super, Tom Chandler, a young high-flyer whose charm and easy smile are both about as fake as each other. This is a pretty good two parter. The new CID team make little to no impression (though Kate Spears is admittedly smokin' ), and pretty much never will unfortunately, but Chandler is terrific from the off and within just these two episodes immediately becomes one of the show's strongest assets. He's so slick, so charming, and so two-faced you're pretty much loving to hate the snake almost instantly.
Old 5th December 2016, 07:13 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Planet Earth II has been a joy to watch. With just one episode 'Cities' to go i'm surprised there hasn't been an episode about the sea this time.

Christmas special perhaps?
I've been enjoying this too.

They're perhaps saving anything 'sea' related for a new series of Blue Planet!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th December 2016, 08:44 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I've been enjoying this too.

They're perhaps saving anything 'sea' related for a new series of Blue Planet!
I do get a bit tired during entire series in water. For every superb killer whale sequence there are five less interesting ones of alien like creatures of a centimetre in length.

Although i do own and admit The Blue Planet is superb.

Did you get that Attenborough box set a few years ago? The Life Collection? That's well worth an investment although the signed limited edition is long since sold out.
Old 5th December 2016, 09:35 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I do get a bit tired during entire series in water. For every superb killer whale sequence there are five less interesting ones of alien like creatures of a centimetre in length.

Although i do own and admit The Blue Planet is superb.
I quite like both scenarios you mentioned. Whilst it's nice to see a well-filmed extravagant action piece on a large scale such as a killer whale / shark piece I find the exotic strangeness that lurks in the depths equally as fascinating - sometimes more so.

Quote:
Did you get that Attenborough box set a few years ago? The Life Collection? That's well worth an investment although the signed limited edition is long since sold out.
No, I only have the first season of Planet Earth on Blu-ray and Blue Planet on DVD - both of which I've had for a while. I do want to get more of the sets though. I remember watching one when I was young that was really good called The Secret Life of Plants (or something along those lines). I didn't think it would interest me much but I ended up really enjoying it.
Old 5th December 2016, 09:45 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post

No, I only have the first season of Planet Earth on Blu-ray and Blue Planet on DVD - both of which I've had for a while. I do want to get more of the sets though. I remember watching one when I was young that was really good called The Secret Life of Plants (or something along those lines). I didn't think it would interest me much but I ended up really enjoying it.
Oddly perhaps but the plants series was the first from the box set i watched. And yes it was excellent.

I have the same as you (Large Life box set aside). I notice Frozen Planet is really cheap on Amazon so it's now in my wishlist to get after Christmas.

Did you ever see the Stephen Fry series Last Chance to See? I absolutely adored that although it was quite heart breaking at times. (In Fry's case arm breaking)
Old 5th December 2016, 10:31 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Oddly perhaps but the plants series was the first from the box set i watched. And yes it was excellent.

I have the same as you (Large Life box set aside). I notice Frozen Planet is really cheap on Amazon so it's now in my wishlist to get after Christmas.
Frozen Planet is one on my 'to buy' list too.

Quote:
Did you ever see the Stephen Fry series Last Chance to See? I absolutely adored that although it was quite heart breaking at times. (In Fry's case arm breaking)
Unfortunately not. It's one I've been meaning to check out for a while now.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 5th December 2016, 12:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Westworld episode 10.

great stuff lots of twist and turns and revelations, fantastic final episode to the season cant wait for the next one. enjoyed this a lot more than the film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!