All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13926Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2017, 08:17 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I'm looking forward to season 7 a great deal because as epic as previous seasons have been the 6th season was very episodic with all the characters being so far from each other so it was like 10 minutes on Cersei, 10 minutes on Sansa, 10 minutes on Arya, 10 minutes on Jon, 10 minutes on Dany then end. That was still better than most other TV series but they all need to start coming together and interacting more.
I find it hard to watch any other TV series right now because they all seem so boring after GOT there is just constantly something good happening.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 12th January 2017, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Still not seen 10min of game of thrones.
Going to watch prison break again before new season starts in April
Watching the night manager at the moment.
Old 12th January 2017, 08:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Still not seen 10min of game of thrones..
Really should rectify that,words can't describe who brilliant the show is.

The battle of the bastards episode last season had to be one of the most brutal and gripping things I have seen(film or TV).
Rik and Justin101 like this.
Old 12th January 2017, 09:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The show followed the adventures of young Indy who would meets famous historical figures and have adventures. The story's alternate between a Indy of about 10 and a older Indy( 16-21) the tales for the older young Indy were more action orientated. The show only lasted 2 years because of the high production cost with the show being shot on location.

Sadly like everything else Lucas has tinkered these, putting two episodes together to make a film, which is not so bad for the older young Indy, but with the younger Indy it looks silly, take the first movie Indy is small but low and behold in the second half he's a good foot taller! Worst of all Lucas has removed the bookends that had and old Indy at the beginning and the end of each epiosde and are not even available as extras, but we do get hours of very informative and educational documentarys etc. Lots of famous stars appear including Ford in one episode.
With any luck we will see a blu ray realease with the televised episodes with the bookends.

Last edited by trebor8273; 12th January 2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12th January 2017, 10:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Has any been watching revolting a satire comedy sketches of how Britian is today
Bbc2 tue 10pm been on 2week, its very good and funny
Old 13th January 2017, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Maigret - Maigret Sets a Trap (2016)

Rowan Atkinson stars as the 1950's French detective in this feature length special. Have to say i loved it. The atmosphere is thick, seemingly almost Gothic and Atkinson so subtly subdued in the lead role. Watching Atkinson contemplate a serial killers next move is exquisite viewing.

Television Film Noir at it's finest. Highly recommended.

Just on a final point. This is an ITV production. I seriously cannot imagine this broken up every 12 minutes with ads for sofas, betting and Money f'in' supermarkets.

Old 13th January 2017, 10:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Maigret - Maigret Sets a Trap (2016)

Rowan Atkinson stars as the 1950's French detective in this feature length special. Have to say i loved it. The atmosphere is thick, seemingly almost Gothic and Atkinson so subtly subdued in the lead role. Watching Atkinson contemplate a serial killers next move is exquisite viewing.

Television Film Noir at it's finest. Highly recommended.

Just on a final point. This is an ITV production. I seriously cannot imagine this broken up every 12 minutes with ads for sofas, betting and Money f'in' supermarkets.

Is this the episode that aired over Xmas Dem?
Old 13th January 2017, 10:47 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Is this the episode that aired over Xmas Dem?
No. This aired last April. The Christmas day episode is also on the disc though. I'll watch that next week.

I picked it up in HMV's 2 for £20 offer on pre order, but now Amazon have lowered theirs to a tenner as well. A BD is available also. It's basically the equivalent of two movies for a tenner (3 hrs running time).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 91JC+D9q4lL._SL1500_.jpg (97.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 13th January 2017, 11:37 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No. This aired last April. The Christmas day episode is also on the disc though. I'll watch that next week.

I picked it up in HMV's 2 for £20 offer on pre order, but now Amazon have lowered theirs to a tenner as well. A BD is available also. It's basically the equivalent of two movies for a tenner (3 hrs running time).
I have seen it, and the one that was aired over Xmas. Just couldn't recall which was which from the title. 'Sets a Trap' was the better of the two. Rowan Atkinson is very very good I thought.
Old 15th January 2017, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching these shows over last few weeks

Magnum season 1

NCIS

Star trek ( watching the various series )

X-Files season 1

War of the worlds

Battlestar Galactica season 3

Northern exposure

Finished first season of Hannibal a couple of days ago, brilliant just love the way Hannibal manipulates everyone and the relationship between him and Will Graham. Always bring a smile to my face any time he invites someone to dinner. When I first watch the show it took awhile to get used to Mads but now for me he is the best Hannibal.

Now watching something a little similar the pilot episode of millennium .

Like this? Share it using the links below!