Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13872Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th January 2022, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching this Zen Motoring. Shorts. Relaxing and funny is hard to pull off, I think he's achieved it though ...
MrBarlow likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 31st January 2022, 04:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Bourne Identity. 1988.

A man washes up on a beach in France, no memory of who he is but only small flashbacks and tries to uncover who he is while running from assassins with a doctor beside him.

I never realised this Version was made into a two part mini series that seemed to be given a good budget and nice locations. Richard Chamberlain stars as amnesiac Jason Bourne who seems to attract a lot of unwanted attention from people who seem to want him dead. Jaclyn Smith plays Marie St. Jacques who becomes a victim of kidnapping then becomes someone who helps Jason find the answers.

The two leads play a good part except for the quick love story that seems to make no sense. With the Matt Damon 2002 movie there is packed with action, car chases and fight scenes this original seems to focus on mystery and suspense rather than fight scenes with better cinematography.

MV5BMTUxMDk0MDc0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTEwNjEyMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Old 1st February 2022, 10:11 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I finished The Terror last night.

A good ten episodes of historical drama that's well acted by a very good cast and looks great but i found it really predictable.

Had i been asked what i'd expect to see in a series about a lost Naval expedition to the Arctic from 1945-48 id have said pretty much everything that was on the screen. From mutiny's to crew members getting ill, rampant and really shitty looking polar bear spirits, suspicions of the indigenous population, starvation, floggings, long treks across the frozen terrain, cannibalism...blah, blah, blah.

That said it was an enjoyable and at times gripping watch even if many of the plot devices were so predictable and my overall thoughts a little disappointed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p15107311_b1t_v9_aa.jpg (98.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 1st February 2022, 10:57 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I finished The Terror last night.

A good ten episodes of historical drama that's well acted by a very good cast and looks great but i found it really predictable.

Had i been asked what i'd expect to see in a series about a lost Naval expedition to the Arctic from 1945-48 id have said pretty much everything that was on the screen. From mutiny's to crew members getting ill, rampant and really shitty looking polar bear spirits, suspicions of the indigenous population, starvation, floggings, long treks across the frozen terrain, cannibalism...blah, blah, blah.

That said it was an enjoyable and at times gripping watch even if many of the plot devices were so predictable and my overall thoughts a little disappointed.
I've not finished it yet, I've two episodes left on BBC iplayer. I did think I'd be buying this but as its gone on I've decided while I'm enjoying it it's probably not something I'll return to.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 2nd February 2022, 11:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Am enjoying this All Of Us Are Dead btw. Watching two episodes a night.
Outstrips that Day Of The Dead shite by far.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 2nd February 2022, 04:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Am enjoying this All Of Us Are Dead btw. Watching two episodes a night.
Outstrips that Day Of The Dead shite by far.
I’ve also been binge watching this, same about 2 episodes a day, I’ve one episode left, highly enjoyable.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 2nd February 2022, 04:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Also watching all us are dead , as mentioned far better than the shite that is day of the dead gave up after one episode.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th February 2022, 08:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Jackass: Season 1

After legal issues, this is released on DVD and it's not in it's episode format and feels like it is just another Movie. This show is so 2000's and TBH, it isn't really all that good, pretty sure it improves in Season's 2 & 3.
Old 9th February 2022, 08:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched first season a magnum and started the second also been watching book of boba fett which while not quite as good as the mandalorian still better Star wars than the new trilogy the last two episodes have excellent with the mandalorian, baby Yoda , Asoka and Luke making appearance.

Also been watching Succession which is like a more serious arrested development with characters that put Jerry and co from Seinfeld too shame. Brain Cox is fantastic as Logan Roy.
Old 19th February 2022, 08:49 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just perused that last Louis Theroux thing about internet trolls. Hilarious. Beyond parody, just like them flat earth fuds.

[B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!