Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree446Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:12 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Alfred Hitchcock - The Masterpiece Collection Blu-ray 1942 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: James Stewart, Alfred Hitchcock: DVD & Blu-ray

I also have this... but £22.00 is an absolute steal - got this for Christmas last year and it's great. This one is a lightening deal so only available for 2hrs,
MacBlayne and Graeme73 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 23rd November 2015, 12:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Alfred Hitchcock - The Masterpiece Collection Blu-ray 1942 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: James Stewart, Alfred Hitchcock: DVD & Blu-ray

I also have this... but £22.00 is an absolute steal - got this for Christmas last year and it's great. This one is a lightening deal so only available for 2hrs,
I never did one of these lightning deals before. Do you have to be on Prime to use it? And it's giving me a time before I can do anything (about seven minutes at the moment).

EDIT: Wait, the timer is just so Prime customers have early access. Sorry to waste your time.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:39 PM
Cult Veteran

That's correct, as soon as the timer runs down it will have a buy now button!
MacBlayne likes this.

Old 23rd November 2015, 12:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
That's correct, as soon as the timer runs down it will have a buy now button!
And I just did, along with a copy of Sint. Finally, I can watch The Birds whenever I want in the correct aspect ratio.

Thanks a bunch!
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:44 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
And I just did, along with a copy of Sint. Finally, I can watch The Birds whenever I want in the correct aspect ratio.

Thanks a bunch!
Well done it's sold out now
MacBlayne likes this.

Old 23rd November 2015, 12:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Well done it's sold out now
Seriously!?! God, that was fortunate timing. Once again, thanks for the link. I was contemplating buying it to replace my DVD collection (for The Birds more than anything else) but the price was too steep. And this deal just made it possible.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:51 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
Seriously!?! God, that was fortunate timing. Once again, thanks for the link. I was contemplating buying it to replace my DVD collection (for The Birds more than anything else) but the price was too steep. And this deal just made it possible.
If you don't have the others they are all worth a look too, Psycho looks amazing, Rear Window too, Vertigo and Marnie are both really fun to watch and Rope is a personal favourite of mine seeing as it's a black comedy!
MacBlayne likes this.

Old 23rd November 2015, 12:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
If you don't have the others they are all worth a look too, Psycho looks amazing, Rear Window too, Vertigo and Marnie are both really fun to watch and Rope is a personal favourite of mine seeing as it's a black comedy!
I love all those films but The Birds is my favourite (followed by Frenzy and The Trouble with Harry). RTE show it here every Christmas in widescreen and I always make sure to watch it. But now I can do so in glorious HD.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 23rd November 2015, 02:54 PM
Cultist

Quote:

I was fortunate to clock this earlier. Glad I did as I haven't yet managed to add any Hitchcock to my collection...for that price, it's a steal
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 23rd November 2015, 02:56 PM
Cultist

Quote:
The Budget James Bond boxed set is the Amazon deal of the day at £39.99 - absolute bargain at £1.74 per film, packaging is basic but it takes up little shelf space and it looks smart enough. I've just told the other half and I'll be getting one for Christmas

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...f_rd_i=desktop
What are the extras like on this, mate? The reviews aren't particularly helpful, but one person seems to think they're 'basic' too...

Like this? Share it using the links below!